Why does it seem so expensive to just eat healthy, exercise, and take care of our skin the right way?
If you read our article about ingredients we avoid (here), you know why we prioritize natural beauty in the first place. When I first switched to a natural lifestyle, I found that I could only switch one product at a time. Every product seemed to break the bank, but now I have learned where to look. We love plenty of products that are highly effective, but affordability is everything to us. Here is a list of products you can pick up at your local Target or Whole Foods:
1. Acure Facial Cleansing Gel
I have yet to find an Acure product that I don’t like. I grabbed this face wash in Whole Foods after I saw the price and read the ingredients. Before I knew it, Acure took over my entire bathroom. I currently use Acure shampoo, conditioner, face wash, day cream, and night cream. All of these are almost too affordable to be true!
$8.34 | Amazon
- Free of Parabens, Gluten, Phthalate, Fragrance, Formaldehyde, Mineral Oil, and Sulfates
- Formulated with Superfruit and Chlorella Growth Factor
- Vegan + Cruelty-Free
2. Alaffia Activated Charcoal Deodorant
Y’all. Natural deodorant is a struggle. Either it smells, or you smell. I finally gave up on Tom’s and Schmidt’s for this reason. I tried Alaffia for the first time a few weeks ago, and I haven’t looked back since! One application, and you’re good for the day.
$4.49 | Amazon
- Coconut, Reishi Mushroom, & Shea
- Free of Propanediol, Parabens, Phthalates, Aluminum, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, Triclosan, Silicone, Synthetic Fragrance, & Petrochemicals
3. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear CC Cream SPF 20
For almost a year, I swore by Andalou Naturals Vitamin C Beauty Balm for a tinted SPF. As the summer months and humidity approach, I’m realizing just how greasy this stuff is. I still love this product, but in a season of constant sweating, it’s going to have to take the backseat. My sister-in-law told me about Physician’s Formula CC Cream, and I’m so glad she did!
$11.19 | Amazon
- Organic Blue Algae, MicroAlgae, Lemon, Acai Palm, & Orange Water
- Free of Parabens, Synthetic Preservatives, Harsh Chemicals, GMO’s, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances
4. Acure Pure Mint + Echinacea Stem Cell Clarifying Shampoo
How is it even possible that natural shampoo can be this budget-friendly? I don’t know if it’s completely fair to credit my current hair status solely to this shampoo (pregnancy has some perks), but it gets the job done.
$9.99 | Target
- Echinacea Stem Cells
- Organic Acai Berry, Blackberry, Rosehips, Pomegranate, Rooibos, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argon Oil, & Olive Oil
- Free of Parabens, Gluten, Phthalates, & Sulfates
5. Pacifica Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mascara
Most natural mascaras that I’ve tried look like I dumped my eyelashes in tar. This is the first I’ve tried that is buildable, smooth, and clump-free. This mascara enhances your lashes without taking away their natural shape and beauty.
$12.59 | Target
- Coconut + Vitamin B
- Free of Phthalates, Sulfates, Paragons, & Formaldehyde
And there you go! Natural beauty does not have to be expensive. In fact, I spend much less now than I did when I was using toxic beauty products. Let me know in the comments if there are any natural products you love and want us to try!